Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Forgive my fins

As you may or may not know, I am almost finished with a sea creature tale and before finishing my YA novel, I wanted to read Forgive my Fins as comparison to my story. I'm so glad I did, my work in progress, Landlocked, and this story were on completely different wave (pun intended) lengths, but man was it a fun read.Mind you it isn't dark or edgy, actually the complete opposite, light hearted and fun. Yes it is a bit high school juvenile, but not in a way that annoyed me terribly. The main character is a mermaid, I'm not going to write *spoiler alert* there because the title of the book is FORGIVE MY FINS and if you didn't put together the mermaid portion, well I'm sorry for ruining the non-surprise.



The story is about Lily trying to find her true love on land so she can drag him back to the ocean with her to rule her kingdom. She gets a snag in her plan when she catches the wrong guy and has to return to her kingdom to undo a freaky magic mermaid bond, so she can get the guy she really wants. But is she sure that she wants Brody anymore? Or has Quince stolen her heart by accident? By the end of the story I was surprised by how invested I was in their story, because it was such a light read, I hadn't expected to care much or have very much emotion involved, but I have to admit that I may have gotten a little misty eyed at the ending. I would recommend this book to people that enjoy mermaid tails tales and easy reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment