Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rachel Van Dyken Blog Hop


So guess what? I'm hosting a New York Times bestselling author! AH! Many of you probably know of her because of her new smash hit, The Bet.

Rachel is an awesome author that started off writing some great regency romance novels, one of her books, The Devil Duke Takes a Bride, was actually the first book of the genre that I had ever read.
 
 
And to my surprise…it was compelling, fun, and not all about bonnets and dresses like I had expected. But that is just Rachel; all of her books are that way. They draw you in and keep you there as any book should. Most of the people that follow this blog don’t read regency romance, lucky for you, Rachel Van Dyken has started writing new adult and contemporary romance and I couldn’t be happier.

Her seaside series has been thoroughly enjoyable, and by that I mean what’s not to enjoy about two smoking hot rock star brothers!
 
 
Tear and Pull are already available, and the next book in the series, Shatter, comes out May 19th! So comment below with your favorite book of Rachel’s and one lucky person will win an e-copy of Tear and Pull, so that you can be as addicted as I am to this amazing series!
 
 
http://www.amazon.com/Pull-Seaside-Rachel-Van-Dyken/dp/1482571145/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1


To get back to the blog hop just click on the link below, and don't forget to check out the other amazing books featured on this blog! :)

http://the1940mysterywriter.weebly.com/1/post/2013/05/blog-hop-its-a-party-rachel-got-the-contract.html
 
 

12 comments:

  1. :-) hopping by to say 'hi' to a fellow hopper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry! Thanks for stopping buy to support an amazing author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting to see all the different ways we're celebrating. Yes, a book outside of our usual genre can draw us in if the characters and storyline are compelling enough. Hope we draw a lot of readers in on this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the author of this blog, I, too, "met" Rachel when I picked up her book The Devil Takes a Bride...and I've been reading her work ever since. I get sucked into her stories and that's what makes a good writer. I like the humor in her stories as well. Congrats to you, Rachel! jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Whispered Music" is my fave w/ "Wolfe's Pursuit" a close second. Or is it the other way around? I suppose that depends on the day of the week! ;) I enjoy the way Rachel crosses over some of her characters -- not overpowering but enough to let you know you haven't completely cut those characters out of your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't gotten around to reading the seaside novels yet but from what I hear they're addicting! The Ugly Duckling Debutante was what got me started on Rachel's books so I'd probably have to say that's my favorite.


    ecriggs1990(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All great choices! It's funny that sometimes the first book you read by an author is often your favorite of their work :) Keep your comments and friends headed this way, I'll be announcing the winner of the first two seaside books on the 19th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit to being a fickle Rachel fan. I feel as though lately I have a new favorite "Rachel Book" with each new one she releases. I just read Shatter and....WOW! All I have to say is, hang tight because that is one AMAZING book that is headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Wolf's Pursuit is my fav. Just love that book. It's laugh-out-loud funny and serious, all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elite is my favorite book by far :) There is something about that book that was amazing!
    booksaresanityATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her regency romances. They are funny! She has a great writing style.
    Thanks for the give away and I find your blog idea interesting.
    Donna at MoreThanaReview dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And the winner is *drum roll* Donna Feyen! If you already have an e-copy of Tear and Pull feel free to request any two other titles of Rachels, or one of mine, and I will get an e-copy to you. :) email me at csmoore_write@yahoo.com with your info.

    ReplyDelete