Thursday, January 9, 2014

Having Fun Yet?

We are a few days into my Idaho Writes month. I hope you're all having as much fun as I am. I know when your average person thinks of an author, they think of New York, of big cities and loft apartments. I live about as far away from a big city as one could get. I chase kids and help my husband grow crops. Heck, just this week I had a baby calf in my laundry room because it was so cold outside and the little lady didn't have a mom to look after her. Never a dull moment around here... at least not to us. Dull no, unglamorous, you bet. But authors can come from anywhere and can be anyone. Who knows, maybe the sixty year old greeter at Wal-Mart has a story in their head that they're just waiting to tell. I wanted to dedicate my blog this month, not only to showing off my state's amazing authors but also to breaking stereotypes. To show the world that anyone, from anywhere can be a successful author.

No comments:

Post a Comment